From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mysql is being pulled in again!
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:09:20
1 On 03/04/2010 05:37 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > I am trying to understand what is pulling in mysql again. This
3 > morning a load of qt packages were being updated and I noticed a bunch
4 > of perl and virtual packages in there too. Rest assured dev-db/mysql
5 > was in there, again. This is despite the fact that the mysql use flag
6 > seem to be not active as far as portage is concerned:
7
8 That doesn't matter. USE flags is for optional stuff, not required
9 stuff. It's like having the kde USE flag disabled and wondering why
10 emerging a KDE application wants to pull-in kdelibs...