From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mail in $HOME/.maildir, why ???
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:50:31
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using sendmail as my mail-server, and I noticed, that mail for
4 users is stored in $HOME/.maildir, not in /var/spool/mail.
5 And each mail is stored as separate file, not all in one file.
6 WHY???
7
8 Some mail clients does not look for new mail in $HOME/.maildir
9 with default settings (for example elm, only with -f).
10
11 Moreover, I expected that all mail will be in /var/spool/mail, so
12 I created /var relatively big and now I see that it is almost empty.
13
14 Even my pop3 server does not look for new mail in $HOME/.maildir,
15 so no user can download his mail throught pop3...
16
17 How can I force my mailserver to use /var/spool/mail?
18
19 Jarry
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list