From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting hashes from MSWindows SAM files
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:55:46
1 On Sunday 14 January 2007 04:47, Ali Polatel wrote:
2 > * Mick (michaelkintzios@×××××.com) wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > Do you know if Gentoo offers any tool(s) to extract the hash numbers from
6 > > MSWindows SAM files? I am thinking of the Linux equivalent of e.g.
7 > > pwdump.exe
8 > >
9 > > I need the hashes to be able to run john:
10 > > ==========================
11 > > # john sam
12 > > No password hashes loaded
13 > > ==========================
14 > >
15 > > I've looked around but couldn't find anything.
16 > > --
17 > > Regards,
18 > > Mick
19 >
20 > emerge ophcrack ,
21 > iirc it has pwdump and bkhive to get hash stuff from SAM files
22
23 Cool! Thanks, I didn't know what package to search for.
24
25 Meanwhile, googling around I found the Remote Exploit - Auditor Live CD which
26 had the pwdump2-linux and bkhive-linux commands:
27
28 http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Auditor_main
31 Regards,
32 Mick