From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange mouse movements
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:17:31
1 On Friday 27 February 2009 00:09:44 Morten Holt wrote:
2 > Hello people
3 >
4 > I just upgraded my kernel from 2.6.27-r7 to 2.6.27-r8, during this
5 > process I decided to start over on my config, setting it up from scratch
6 > instead of reusing the .config. I pretty much set the new kernel up like
7 > the old one, except for a few things.
8 >
9 > However, now my touchpad acts really strange from time to time, nothing
10 > really specific, it's ONLY the touchpad, so i can connect an USB mouse,
11 > but this is hardly an ideal solution.
12 >
13 > The strangeness is that the mouse jumps all over the screen when I try
14 > to move it, and clicks all over the place, making for really really
15 > anoying stuff.
16
17 A synaptics?
18
19 I had that too. Really annoying. Annoying enough for me to blacklist the
20 touchpad. Also, if I brushed it with my thumb my accident I would get about
21 fifty '^[G' sequences dumped into Konsole.
22
23 And all the problems just magically went away with 2.6.28
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com