From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Questions about History file
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:01:33
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I do know that once, long ago, I tried to get bash to do proper command
5 > logging for our general-purpose gateway hosts that have 500+ users. It
6 > was a nightmare and I eventually concluded that history, logging and
7 > such things are 100% the province of the user and not the sysadmin. It
8 > just caused way more trouble than it solved. I suspect what you are
9 > looking for is very much in the same category.
12 Maybe "script" can be use to parse the syntax strings into a user-defined
13 log file from the root shell...
14
15 You'd most likely want to use the "AND" logic operator of the history
16 buffer to campare against the "script" generated file to get a
17 clean copy; or something like that. Seems like I did something
18 like that years (decades) ago, but the memory is not what it use
19 to be..... It should not be that difficult to write something from
20 scratch.....
21
22 good_hunting....
23