From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.0.0
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:15:16
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 20 January 2008, Dale wrote:
5 >> Hmmmm, I get this blocker:
6 >>
7 >> [blocks B ] <=x11-libs/qt-4.4_rc:4 (is blocking
8 >> x11-libs/qt-core-4.4.0_rc1)
9 >>
10 >> Is unmerging qt a good idea?
13 > Yes, looking in the ebuild, qt-4.4 seems to be organized as a meta
14 > package and you have older monolithic ones. So you will have to unmerge
15 > your old qt-4 stuff first
16 >
17 > alan
21 Thanks for the info. I know Python, portage, gcc and a couple others
22 are bad to remove but I wasn't real sure about qt. I think I'll go to a
23 console and do it all in one line, just to be sure. Wouldn't want KDE
24 to crash in the middle of it. I usually use Konsole for that stuff.
25
26 Now to spend the next couple days downloading all the KDE 4.0 stuff.
27 Stinking dial-up. :-@
28
29 Thanks again.
30