From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Citrix client connection problem
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:15:23
1 Hi All,
2
3 I am trying to connect to my work's T-Snap citrix desktop. I have installed
4 net-misc/icaclient-10.6-r3 but when I click on the remote desktop I get this
5 error:
6 ===========================================
7 "Client Error
8
9 No connection to ";40;STAEXXXXXXXXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
10 Invalid server browser command header received."
11 ===========================================
12 (where XXXX are random characters)
13
14 Looking at the launcher.ica file that the browser downloads I can see that the
15 domain is defined as:
16 ===========================================
17 [T-SNAP Desktop]
18 Address=;40;STAEXXXXXXXXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
19 AudioBandwidthLimit=2
20 AutologonAllowed=ON
21 BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP
22 CGPSecurityTicket=On
23 ClearPassword=XXXXXXXXXXX
25
26 I am assuming here that the client is trying to use the hashed server address
27 and the browser cannot resolve this. As far as I understand this solution
28 works with guess what: MSWindows (my work is a Microsoft shop) and AppleMac.
29 Any ideas what it might take to get it going under Gentoo?
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick