From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Changing glibc
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:07:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I am using a closed source software package on my 64 bit gentoo linux
4 system. The software package is "beyond compare" by scooter soft.
5 Because of the way this package is built, it needs a specially patched
6 version of glibc. I have patched my existing glibc version (2.18) and
7 have been avoiding updating my glibc since. Now I am wondering whether
8 the latest update of bcompare will work with the latest glibc (2.19).
9
10 So, if I upgrade to 2.19 and the package doesn't work, how can I go back
11 to the working, patched 2.18? I know that portage issues the most scary
12 warnings when you try to downgrade glibc. So what does the community
13 recommend?
16 Timur