From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syntax for masking kde:4?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:50:12
1 On Sunday 11 October 2009 13:30:06 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > In the last few days some parts of KDE v4 seem to have been moved into the
5 > stable tree, but on some of my boxes I want to exclude kde:4 (but not
6 > qt:4).
7 >
8 > What is the syntax for a single entry in package.mask to exclude the whole
9 > of kde:4? I did start masking each package separately, but that's far too
10 > much work - I'd finish up with an entry for every kde package that has a
11 > version 4. Also, "kde:4", which seems like the right thing to specify, is
12 > an invalid package atom according to eix.
13 >
14 > I can't see anything relevant in man pages or the gentoo kde configuration
15 > guide. Google hasn't helped me either.
16
17 kde:4 won't work as the package "kde" does exist but there is no SLOT=4 for it
18 (it's the old monolithic package for <=kde-3.5.9).
19
20 You have to list each package you don't want individually - the reverse of
21 what bleeding edge users have to do to unmask the latest greates packages as
22 they hit the tree.
23
24 Easiest is to use autounmask but send the output to package.mask.
25
26 You could also use a combination of find $PORTDIR and sed, but that's painful.
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com