From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Console scrollback
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:39:41
1 Grant:
2 > On 1/13/21 2:56 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 ...
4 > > Doing text work in X is s l u g g i s h. Changing from one
5 > > application to another, which would be achieved by, say Alt-F4 on a
6 > > console takes more key sequences in X, and is less than instantaneous.
7
8 I'm using fvwm set up with 9 virtual screens and so I can swith between
9 them with ctr-arrow, fast enought for me.
10
11 ...
12 > > On an Emacs session, in three columns on a console, I can display
13 > > 195 consecutive lines of a source file simultaneously.
14 ...
15
16 I get 260x97 chars in emacs on a 1600x1280 display. With three
17 columns, w82,82,83chars, I get 3x95=285 lines of text.
18
19 ///
20
21 Alan, how do you set up your console (I'd like to try) ?
22
23 Regards,
24 /Karl Hammar