From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck won't work if ac cord not attached?!
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:41:53
1 > Right.
2
3 wrong
4
5 > Of course, if there are serious filesystem structural problems you'll
6 > want to get them solved, but it's either a LiveCD chroot or disable
7 > fsck at boot.
8
9 There's nothing wrong with the filesystem. It's ext2 and requires
10 being checked at every boot. Before that it wouldn't boot at all.
13 > OpenRC is also in portage, so I'm not clear on why you need the
14 > bleeding edge source from git.
15
16 http://roy.marples.name/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openrc.git;a=commit;h=d29daf395299fc97b8e13676bc282800a8bddae8
17
18 Marples is the developer. In emails to me he says this is what I have to do.
21 > In fact, if you're not familiar with git, and you want to shift to
22 > OpenRC (not a bad idea), I'd suggest following the Gentoo
23 > documentation, as I found it quite good:
24 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
25
26 read what I wrote: I have already "shift"ed.
27
28 mw