From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can someone please explain to me why these bugs are duplicates?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:19:42
1 Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > Honestly, I really don't see how they're even remotely related.
3 > So either I'm just dense, or the maintainer is not understanding
4 > my request... It's extremely frustrating.
5
6 Yes, the bug wrangler looks a bit overworked sometimes. :| Those
7 bugs don't seem duplicates to me either.
8
9 But what you're asking is simple: in your .unmask and .keywords
10 files don't unmask a package name but a specific package version
11 (use the = or ~ operators). Then you'll only be using that specific
12 unstable version, and go back to using stable versions when they
13 become available.
14
15 Benno
16 --