From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Tux AWOL
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 10:57:37
1 On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5 > I see 16 Tuxen at boot up, no problem.
6
7 A whole raft, then. (Or is it a waddle?) I was happy enough with my
8 huddle of 4...
11 > Something strange happened when I installed the 4.11.0 sources - all the
12 > options were initialised to what they were in my 4.9.16 running kernel.
13
14 I don't use gentoo-sources. Nothing against it, it's just that I got
15 used to upgrade by hand, once in a while...
16
17 But the kernel of gentoo-sources would be patched, if anything. The
18 vanilla kernel should have the usual penguins.
19
20 thanks
21
22 Jorge