From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] -mtune for P4M (dothan)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:12:59
1 On 11/2/05, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Qian Qiao wrote:
3 >
4 > >After going through the GCC docs, i've decided to use: -march=pentium3
5 > >-mmmx -msse -msse2.
9 > I don't really recommend that. A few things may have compile errors if
10 > you globally use -mmmx, -msse, and -msse2. Instead, I suggest you set
11 > the mmx and sse USE flags, and let portage add those CFLAGS for those
12 > packages where it actually makes a difference and is supported.
13
14 Thx for the tip, i've taken them out, and added use flags accordingly.
15
16 > Also, don't forget -fomit-frame-pointer and -pipe.
17
18 I've got those 2 flags already. :)
19
20 -- Joe
23 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
24 Those who can count, and those who can't.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list