From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Source cross-platform video conferencing?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:48:22
1 2006/2/26, Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > On Sunday 26 February 2006 17:58, Francisco J. A. Ares wrote:
4 > > Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > >Hi,
6 > > > I wonder if anyone knows about a solution for Open Source video
7 > > >conferencing that would allow people using Linux, Windows and Macs to
8 > > >get together in a single cross-platform conference?
9 > > >
10 > > >Thanks,
11 > > >Mark
12 > >
13 > > Not 100% Open Source:
14 > >
15 > > - MSN for Windows
16 > > - aMSN for Linux - http://amsn.sourceforge.net/
17 > > - aMSN for Macs - http://www.cmq.qc.ca/4w/amsn/
18 > >
19 > > Francisco
20 > Hi,
21 > Not very sure, but check 'gnomemeeting'.
22 > HTH.Rumen
26 I think GnomeMeeting was supposed to provide connectivity with NetMeeting
27 (does anybody still use this?).
28
29 Although not available now, I would keep an eye on Jabber related products.
30 They have just released a set of specifications oriented to providing audio
31 and video capabilities to the Jabber protocol, and several companies and
32 open source projects are backing the effort:
33
34 http://www.jabber.org/press/2005-12-15.shtml
35
36 Best regards