From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 22:19:10
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:13:24 +0000 (UTC) Grant Edwards
4 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > I've noticed recently that the Gentoo handbook web pages are
6 > ridiculously wide. (It seems to me that they didn't used to be, but I
7 > wouldn't swear to that).
8
9 As fas as I can remember they've always been that wide. Anyway, since
10 Gentoo uses [1] GuideXML [2] for their documentation which gets
11 transformed into HTML you won't be able to provide a fix if you don't
12 know what XSLT rules the converter uses for transformation.
13
14 Unfortunately Gentoo documentation uses table layout instead of
15 relying entirely on CSS. Therefore it is not easy to make the docs
16 beautiful for everybody right now. But there is a simple workaround
17 which you may find good enough. Add the following CSS rule into your
18 ~/.mozilla/<...your profile...>/chrome/userContent.css or install the
19 Stylish add-on [3] and create a style with the rule:
20
21 -------------------------------------------------------------
22 @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
23
24 @-moz-document domain("gentoo.org") {
25 td.content p {
26 width: 40em;
27 }
28 }
29 -------------------------------------------------------------
30
31 Change "40em" to anything you like.
35 Cheers,
36 Renat
39 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/site.xml
40 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xml-guide.xml
41 [3] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108/
42 --
43 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
44 durch die sie entstanden sind.
45 (Einstein)