From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Message bus mis-configured
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:17:15
1 When I use some KDE tools, most recently Konqueror, I get symptoms of a
2 mis-configuration which I think is dbus-related.
3 I've never fooled with it as far as I can remember, and I know nothing about
4 it. So I'm hoping there's an easy cure.
5
6 The recent thing: opening a Konqeror windows for a freshly-mounted CDROM on
7 a freshly-rebooted system: a dialog box
8 claiming:
9 "A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message
10 to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
11 interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name
12 "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")
13
14 Any ideas?
15
16 ++ kevin