From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting CFLAGS for a single build
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:21:29
1 I tried it, but I still can't step into the libxml2 library functions.
2
3 Thanks,
4
5 Dave
6
7 Alex Schuster wrote:
8 > dhk writes:
9 >
10 >> Does this mean the source was removed after the emerge? If so how can
11 >> I keep the source.
12 >
13 > Try adding "nostrip" to your FEATURES.
14 >
15 >> Also I like the idea of using "/etc/portage/env/category/package" but
16 >> I'm not sure what to do since I don't have the env directory. Would I
17 >> just do a mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/dev-libs/ and create a file called
18 >> libxml2 with CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g2" in it?
19 >
20 > I think so. This is new to me, too - I know about this /etc/portage/env/
21 > stuff, but I thought it was only a suggestion, and that you have to
22 > create a /etc/portage/bashrc by hand which evaluates stuff in there. But
23 > it seems portage is already capable of that.
24 >
25 > So, this should work:
26 >
27 > CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g2"