From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: remote installation, dual boot
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:53:27
1 I now booted from a recent sysresccd ... and it didn't assemble/detect
2 the LVM-PV ... *sigh*
3
4 So I couldn't even mount the LV to chroot in there.
5
6 The mdadm-RAID-devices were there and active.
7
8 I didn't want to screw around with the LVM too much as there is data on
9 there (yes, there are backups, but ...).
10
11 pvscan always told me something like:
12
13 No device found for PV hMMm0m-w4Ds-SU77-ATjF-iF1A-0qfq-V2IcXb
14
15 ....
16
17 When I boot into Suse again, it shows up fine:
18
19 # pvdisplay
20 --- Physical volume ---
21 PV Name /dev/md3
22 VG Name VG01
23 PV Size 4,09 TB / not usable 4,00 TB
24 Allocatable yes
25 PE Size (KByte) 4096
26 Total PE 1072103
27 Free PE 242919
28 Allocated PE 829184
29 PV UUID hMMm0m-w4Ds-SU77-ATjF-iF1A-0qfq-V2IcXb
32 Do I hit some compatibility-issue?
33
34 Stefan