From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub-0.97-r16 and profile 17.0 change
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 15:06:47
1 On 12/07/2017 03:22:30 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Long-standing readers may remember that I have reasons for avoiding
3 > grub-2.
4 > I still think it's a monstrosity and I'd much prefer never to have to
5 > wrestle with it again.
6 >
7 > On the other hand, I suppose I could have another go at writing my own
8 > grub.cfg, just for the one little Atom box, if only for a quiet life.
9
10 I've solved my grub2 problems as follows.
11
12 I've written a template file and a tiny Python script which replaces
13 the variables
14 within that template.
15
16 If anybody is interested, I will share my template and Python script.
17
18 Helmut