From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Java system
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:33:23
1 On Wednesday 28 June 2006 12:59, Dave Oxley wrote:
2 > I have the new Java system installed but I have a problem. I accidently
3 > removed net-dns/libidn when I did an 'emerge --depclean', but its
4 > required by Asterisk. When I try to emerge it I get the output below.
5 > Anybody know how I can fix this.
6
7 > * Enabling generation-2 compatibility ...
8 > * There was a problem determining which VM to use for Generation-1
9 > * See the list of available VMs by using: java-config-1 -L
10 > * Then select on of those by using: java-config-1 -S <selected vm>
11 > * And once that is done, run: env-update && source /etc/profile
12 > * Then to continue the emerge: emerge --resume
13
14 You need to follow the java upgrade guide [1]. java-check-environment will
15 inform you that you need to install a Generation-1 VM. This is for ebuilds
16 that have not yet been ported to the new system. Note that sun-jdk-1.5*
17 cannot function as a Generation-1 VM. So to use sun-jdk for this you need to
18 unmask and install sun-jdk-1.4.2.12.
19
20 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-upgrade.xml
23 Bo Andresen