From: "Sigfrido V. Ortiz C." <sigfridov@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE4 Panel missing
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:26:12
1 No body knows how to fix this problem?
2 This same problem happen with Gnome and weather Monitor Applet.
3 Some one an help please?
4 Sigfrido
5
6 sigfridov@×××.com wrote:
7
8 > jacmonti@×××××××××××××.fr wrote:
9 >
10 >>Sigfrido V. Ortiz C. a gentiment tapote:
13 >>>Hi folks,
14 >>>Due to I have read here nice comment about XFCE4 desktop windows
15 >>>manager, I'm testing it In my old box, so everything is fine until I
16 >>>add de Weather Applet (kfce4-weather).
17 >>>I can setup it [weather applet], nice it works, but once I closed the
18 >>>session and after back, The XFCE panel disappears and I can not
19 >>>recover it any more.
20 >>>I deleted .config and .cache to back to default, so if I install any
21 >>>application like browsers, mail client and so on, everything is OK,
22 >>>but If I add the weather monitor, the XFCE Panel disappears after
23 >>>close the session again.
24 >>>
25 >>>Some now how ti fix it?
26 >>>
27 >>>For your reference I' m using:
28 >>>Firefox 2. , Opera 9.x , OOo 2.1 , Netscape Mail 7.2 fro this account,
29 >>>Kmail for my job, Claws-mail for Gmail account, Kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r2
30 >>>Also I use KDE 3.5.5 and is weather applet works fine, but KDE is to
31 >>>heavy for my old box, everything take a long time to work. XFCE is
32 >>>more fast and light, so I would like to fix this problem.
33 >>>
34 >>>Thaks in advance
35 >>>Sigfrido
36 >>>
37 >>>
38 >>
39 >>Hi,
40 >>
41 >>Did you try xfrun4 ( Alt + F2), then xfce4-panel ?
42 >>
43 >>--
44 >>Jacques
47 > I did. But XFCE4 panel attemp to appear just a few second and GOODBY.
48 > I have configured the task bar to show all aplication and task from
49 > all windows desk to see all that I lose after XFCE4-Panel desappear.
50 > I'm sure that it just happen if I add the Weather Update, I'm using
51 > the default setting and it dead just if I include Weather Update
52 > Applet, so nothing happen if I add Netload, and another applications.
53 > Any way to fix it?