From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP scanner is no longer found
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:40:23
1 On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 02:04:08 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Oh, one hit I got said that error was a kernel bug. That was why I
4 > upgraded, just in case. ;-) I also tried every USB port on this rig,
5 > including ports that other devices work on. Still no joy.
6
7 A kernel bug was my first thought, or a missing option after an upgrade.
8 To eliminate software issues, I'd try booting from something like an
9 Ubuntu or Mint live CD, if it still doesn't work it looks like a hardware
10 problem.
11
12 Do you have access to another computer you can try it in?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 PC DOS Error #04: Out of disk space. Delete Windows? (Y)es (H)ell yes!