From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Writing a bash script or thinking about it anyway.
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:17:24
1 On 22 Dec 2009, at 03:22, Dale wrote:
2 > ... I found a guide but before I read all that stuff and muddy up
3 > the waters, is this thing current and will it work fine with the
4 > bash Gentoo uses? Links to a even better guide would be good too.
5 > The guide I found is here:
6 >
7 > http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/
8
9 The Advanced Scripting Guide is brilliant. It's my gospel when Bash
10 scripting, although I'll admit I haven't looked harder for anything
11 else. If there is any better guide out there, I would love to hear
12 about it.
13
14 The examples given are just that - examples. I'm sure they're intended
15 for you to make changes in order to suit yourself, although you may
16 well find that some of them suit you just fine as is.
17
18 Stroller.