From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openrc : autoload kernel modules
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 20:46:27
1 Hello,
2
3 On Thu, 14 Dec 2017, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
4 >On 12/14/2017 12:43 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
5 >>
6 >> I have added the following lines to  /etc/conf.d/modules
7 >>
8 >> modules="enhanceio"
9 >> modules="enhanceio_lru"
10 >> modules="enhanceio_fifo"
11 >> modules="enhanceio_rand"
14 >"modules" is a variable name, and it's being overwritten on each line.
15 >The /etc/init.d/modules script does something like
16 >
17 > for module in $modules; do
18 > load $module
19 > done
20 >
21 >but in your case, "modules" will contain only the last thing you set it
22 >to, namely modules="enhanceio_rand".
23
24 Does openrc-run (or the old way) support adding to strings? I.e.:
25
26 ====
27 modules+=" foo"
28 modules+=" bar"
29 ====
30
31 or must one use
32
33 ====
34 modules="${modules} foo"
35 modules="${modules} bar"
36 ====
37
38 or must it even be one single string? Does that support embedded
39 linebreaks?
40
41 I think this should be documented better in the file.
42
43 -dnh
44
45 PS: I've had the opposite problem: modules automatically got loaded
46 and I blacklisted them in /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf ;)
49 I find all proselytisation to be misguided at least. The way I see it, it's
50 not the Enlightened or the Chosen trying to save me or anyone, but just some
51 meme trying to survive in the great war for brain real estate.
52 -- Maarten Wiltink