From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File permissions and such
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 19:48:54
1 Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2007 schrieb Dan Cowsill:
2
3 > It just occured to me that there must be an easier way to do things like
4 > this and I was wondering if you fine fellows could guide me down the right
5 > path.
6
7 I guess you should use a shared directory together with a dedicated group, for
8 example:
9
10 1) Create a group "workers" and add all users which should work on the same
11 set of documents to this group (users must log out and in again for the
12 change to be visible for them).
13
14 2) Create a new directory for shared documents, lets say "/work", chown it
15 to "root:workers" and and set the "s" bit for the group (chmod g+s /work).
16 This way, all files created in this directory will automatically be assigned
17 to group "workers".
18
19 Another posibility would be to use ACLs.
20
21 HTH...
22
23 Dirk