From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] non-existing/masked ebuilds during upgrade from 2005.1 to 2006.1
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:54:01
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: de Almeida, Valmor F. [mailto:dealmeidav@××××.gov]
3 > Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:55 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] non-existing/masked ebuilds during upgrade from
6 > 2005.1 to 2006.1
7 >
8 > Calculating world dependencies \
9 > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
10 > !!! masked or don't exist:
11 > media-video/nvidia-glx media-video/nvidia-kernel app-shells/csh
12 > x11-misc/gtkdiff sci-libs/lapack
13 >
14 > I can't find sci-libs/lapack (emerge --search lapack). Could someone
15 > tell me how is portage looking for it? I think I had it installed
16 before
17 > the upgrade. None of the nvidia stuff is currently installed but were
18 > installed before the system emerge. I can't find gtkdiff but csh is
19 > indeed masked:
22 There was a simple solution to this. Although emerge --search can't find
23 the packages, emerge --unmerge will unmerge them. So do emerge --search
24 nvidia-glx nvidia-kernel csh gtkdiff lapack
25
26 Then proceed with an emerge -eav world so the whole thing is rebuild
27 with the new gcc-4.1 compiler... Phew, over 600 packages will be
28 recompiled.
31 Valmor
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list