From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: media-libs/alsa-lib[midi] block
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:58:03
1 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > That's not enough, you also must emerge alsa-lib first (emerge -uN alsa-lib).
5 > Then kde4 won't complain about that.
8 I have emerge alsa-lib several times, with and without the deprecated midi
9 flag. I always get:
10
11 emerge -uN alsa-lib
12
13 Calculating dependencies... done!
14 >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
15
16 >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
19 > PS.: many say 4.3 is definitely faster than 4.2, why not try this? It's no
20 > more of an effort to install than 4.2.
23 Hmmm,
24
25 I'd think it would just do this and prompt me to install 4.3.
26
27 I have a hack-trash-mess from installing 4.2. Now it will not upgrade
28 and I do not know (need a guide or advice) how to get from
29 4.2.x to kde-4.3?
30
31 Documents or suggestions or pointers to a previous thread on how to do
32 this are most welcome....
35 James