From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Missing dvdio.h cdio.h dvd.h
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:27:00
1 Hi there,
2
3 I have a PS3 running Gentoo Linux and build mplayer by hand, because
4 there is no ebuild for it which accommodates the PS3-vo (mplayer
5 video-out module optimised for the Cell).
6
7 Since some changes to the way dvdread & dvdnav are installed for
8 mplayer svn I have had problems playing DVDs. Previously this worked
9 fine.
10
11 Currently mplayer compiles fine but in my configure.log I get
12 complaints about missing files dvdio.h cdio.h & dvd.h
13
14 I am surprised about cdio.h & dvd.h being unfound, as you can see
15 from the below that they're in /usr/include:
16
17 $ locate dvdio.h cdio.h dvd.h
18 /usr/include/cdio/cdio.h
19 /usr/include/cdio++/cdio.hpp
20 /usr/src/linux-2.6.23-ps3-r1/include/linux/pktcdvd.h
21 /usr/include/cdio/dvd.h
22 /usr/include/linux/pktcdvd.h
23 /home/stroller/Sources/mplayer/stream/stream_dvd.h
24 /home/stroller/Sources/mplayer/stream/.svn/text-base/
25 stream_dvd.h.svn-base
26 /home/stroller/Sources/mplayer/libdvdcss/.svn/prop-base/
27 bsdi_dvd.h.svn-base
28 /home/stroller/Sources/mplayer/libdvdcss/.svn/text-base/
29 bsdi_dvd.h.svn-base
30 /home/stroller/Sources/mplayer/libdvdcss/bsdi_dvd.h
31 $
32
33 Could anyone tell me where all 3 files are on their systems (by
34 updating the slocate database & running the above command?) and which
35 packages provide them, please? (`equery b /path/to/file`?)
36
37 Thanks in advance,
38
39 Stroller.