From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} reverse DNS problem?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:15:15
1 On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:45:46 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > When I try to send an email to a ucla.edu email address from my hosted
5 > server, the message bounces and I'm directed to this page:
6 >
7 ...
8 >
9 > Does anyone know how to fix this?
10
11 If you have an open mail relay server, you can use that, as already
12 suggested. Strange thing, but I've never seen one ;)
13
14 My solution is to use SASL authentication with any SMTP, so you can
15 relay your message through any server, like gmail.com, for example.
16 All you need is to find sendmail substitute that supports it, and if
17 you don't need a full-fledged MTA to receive mail, I'd suggest to try
18 out msmtp.
21 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net