From: Doug Hunley <doug@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ext3 to ext4 safest and elaborate guide
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:11:48
1 On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:50, Andrew Gaydenko<a@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > There are few ext3 to ext4 migration notes/guides. Can anybody advice the most
3 > elaborate safe one?
7 This is what I did:
8 tune2fs -O sparse_super,filetype,resize_inode,dir_index,ext_attr,has_journal,extents,huge_file,flex_bg,uninit_bg,dir_nlink,extra_isize
9 /dev/DEV
10
11 e2fsck -fpDC0 /dev/DEV
12
13 (Obviously, I booted off a LiveCD and to do this to my disks while
14 they were offline).
15
16 Some of the online directions say to resize the inodes with:
17 tune2fs -I 256 /dev/DEV
18
19 but there is a *lot* of chatter on the ext4 mailing list about this
20 not working as it should and you probably should avoid it for now (it
21 can be done separately later).
24 Douglas J Hunley - doug.hunley@×××××.com
25 http://douglasjhunley.com
26 Twitter: @hunleyd