From: Christophe LEFEBVRE <clefebvre.62@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tool for monitoring what's using the hard drive
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:18:51
1 Hi,
2
3 sys-process/iotop is like top but process are classified by disk activity.
4
5 Regards.
6
7 Neil Bothwick a écrit :
8 > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:16:49 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
11 >> Is there a tool similar to `top` that will tell me what's using my hard
12 >> drive? My hard drive clicks a lot when I don't think it should, and I'd
13 >> really like to know what program is using it. Sometimes it's so bad
14 >> that I have to manually power down the machine and restart it...
17 > I'd check it with smartmontools.