From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype experiences: good/bad/etc
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:57:56
1 Hi Pongracz,
2 on Wednesday, 2006-03-22 at 20:29:36, you wrote:
3 > Question is, why other guys do not start a real open source project to
4 > make a phone application?
5
6 Another one that has been in portage for a few weeks: net-im/wengophone
7 My experience is that the sound quality isn't quite as good as Skype's
8 and it can't do conferences (yet?) but OTOH it kinda supports webcams
9 which Skype's Linux version doesn't. "Kinda" because it's not quite
10 stable yet, once in a while it locks up or fails to display the other
11 sides's image, and it uses an awful lot of CPU, but at least it's there.
12
13 cheers!
14 Matthias
17 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
18 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665