From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] profile upgrade from 2005.1 to 2006.1
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:16:14
1 On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 12:38 -0400, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 > nocxx - Disable support for C++ (DON'T USE THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT
3 > YOU'RE DOING)
4 >
5 > -nocxx is been set by the 2006.1 profile; I guess.
6 >
7 > Any inputs as far as what flags to change?
8
9 Well we'd assume because you asked that you don't know what you're
10 doing, so I wouldn't use it. ;-)
11
12 In general USE flags are highly individualistic, and just because I use
13 a given set of USE flags for a package, they might not apply to you. My
14 advice is to get a general idea of what the USE flags are for and
15 determine for yourself if/when they need changing. If you have no
16 particular reason for changing them why not take the defaults. They're
17 usually reasonable/safe and you can always change them later.
18
19 > Also is gcc-4.1 in a pretty good shape to use?
20
21 It's been marked stable on most platforms, so I would guess that there
22 is a general understanding that it is ok. As always YMMV. You may want
23 to check bugzilla.
26 Albert W. Hopkins
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list