From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.provided
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:52:23
1 On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:22:54 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2
3 > Is there any other solution to the /etc/make.profile/package.provided
4 > file? As we all know the /usr/portage/ dir gets wiped of custom files on
5 > every sync. It seems kinda silly that there is a package.provided
6 > solution but it gets wiped every time, so is there any other way to
7 > accomplish the same thing on a more permanent term that I am not aware
8 > of? The portage man page does not suggest anything else.
9
10 /etc/portage/profile overrides anything in /etc/make.profile, so
11 use /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.
12
13 This is covered in the portage man page
14
15 /etc/portage/profile/
16 site-specific overrides of /etc/make.profile/
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.