From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] arp question
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 18:21:10
1 Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> Yes, I already tried that and didn't get any traffic listed.
6 > In that case it sounds like linux has bridged them across from the other
7 > interface. Does this find anything?
8 > tcpdump -i enp2s0 net 192.168.1.0/24
9 >
10 > If it doesn't maybe generate some layer2 broadcast traffic on enp1s0 to see
11 > if you can see that traffic in the tcpdump on enp2s0. Something like;
12 > echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
13 > ping 192.168.1.255
14 >
15 > After the test is done turn it back on with;
16 > echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
17
18 Thanks! I tried it, and nothing shows up.
19
20 > I've never bridged with linux. Bridging is usually a bad option - if you
21 > can I suggest you move to a routed and/or NATed solution. Clean and simple
22 > is best.
23
24 Most ppl seem to recommend bridging as the clean and simple solution.
25 How come you say that bridging is usually bad?
26
27 And how do you start a container without having a bridge on the host?
28 Not being able to do that is why I have the bridge in the first place.