From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mdev: sound is only working some of the time.
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:25:09
1 On 03/20/2012 03:31 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, all.
3 >
4 > Got a problem with my system running under mdev. When I try to play CDs
5 > (with aqualung feeding into PulseAudio), no sound comes out. However,
6 > when I listen to an audio section from a newspaper page such as
7 > www.tagesschau.de (no idea what audio format) it works.
8 >
9 > Clearly this is something to do with mdev. I had a look at the devices
10 > in /dev, searching for those in group audio. Under udev, I find the
11 > following as device nodes:
12 >
13 > adsp audio dsp mixer mixer1 sequencer sequencer2.
14 >
15 > Under mdev, all of these bar one are symlinks into the real nodes in a
16 > subdirectory. The odd man out is mixer1 which is a device node, but
17 > with owner/group begin root/root (rather than root/audio).
18 >
19 > Can anybody suggest any fix, or further areas of exploration? Thanks!
20
21 Can you do chown root:audio on the mixer as a test?