From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] msmtp vs. nullmailer
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 22:46:18
1 On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 11:47:04AM +0200, Marc Joliet wrote
2
3 > So my question is: what is your preference, nullmailer or msmtp
4 > (or neither?), and why?
5
6 I'm still using ssmtp. It still works. I look at it this way...
7 there's no more development being done, because it's already perfect
8 <G>. It'll go into background mode if an email is sent, and the
9 receiving MTA doesn't accept within approx 45 seconds or so.
10
11 I also like the fact that there's one config file. My dialup script
12 (emergency backup when ADSL is down) runs su to copy over the ssmtp.conf
13 file with the dialup ISP's MTA. When I sign off, the "dialdown" script
14 runs su to copy over the ssmtp.conf file with the ADSL ISP's MTA.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications