From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] beware ebay seller
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:52:16
2 > From what you've told us it's possible that the
3 > seller didn't look
4 > inside the box and assumed it was a new PSU, after
5 > their spouse
6 > tidied the old one up into an empty box. Certainly,
7 > I always keep
8 > packaging in case I need to make a warranty return,
9 > and in the case
10 > that a PC is just misbehaving, with random reboots &
11 > stuff, the first
12 > thing I do is replace the PSU, keeping the old one
13 > in case that makes
14 > no difference.
15
16 Nah, this guy sells lots of them. The power supply he
17 did mail is brand new -- just not the one I thought I
18 was buying. The box originally had been sealed by Best
19 Buy. The box came with the original Dynex User Guide.
20 My theory: these are cheap run of the mill PSs put
21 into Dynex boxes acquired from Best Buy which used the
22 original PSs in their PCs. The seller took a picture
23 of the box and put that on eBay. When the order comes
24 in he takes a shiny new PS "New" and puts it in the
25 Dynex box "in Box!". So, technically he hasn't lied.
26 Typical scamster M.O.
29 > I would email the seller in the first instance & see
30 > what they have
31 > to say.
32
33 No reply
34
35 > feedback - a scammer with several negs will be
36 > quickly obvious from
37 > their feedback score,
38
39 This is puzzling. Maybe the seller gets his family and
40 friends to "buy" stuff and give him props. Then he
41 runs his scam, cancels his account and starts another.
42 Where's my tinfoil hat!
45 > personally
46 > wouldn't have high expectations of the "buyer
47 > protection" offered by
48 > fleaBay or ThievingScumPal.
49 >
50 It should be in their best interest to supply good
51 service.
52
53 mw
61 Looking for last minute shopping deals?
62 Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
65 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list