From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [~amd64] Some possibly (?) helpful hints re the big gnome-3.8 update
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:56:07
1 On 07/28/2013 01:04 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > I finally updated; I had no problems whatsoever.
3
4 The only way I could solve all of the conflicts on my openrc machine
5 was to enable the systemd useflag globally (to prevent consolekit and
6 udev being pulled in). It's updating to gnome-3.8 now and I'm sure
7 it will take all night.
8
9 With systemd being used by several critical gnome packages I'm thinking
10 that systemd will indeed need to be running for all those packages to
11 work correctly. But I'll find out tomorrow :)