From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] URGENT: nfs stopped working
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:48:15
1 OK. I recently switched my three computers (carter, camille, and
2 catherine) to the new gcc profile: i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.5 from
3 i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4. As recommended, I performed emerge -e system
4 and then emerge -e world on all of them. Carter finished his emerge -e
5 world a couple of days ago (he's faster than the others). Camille and
6 catherine were a few hundred packages from the end of their emerge -e
7 world when the power went out. Carter supplies daily
8 updated /usr/portage to camille and catherine via nfs, but when I
9 restarted the computers when the power came back on, I get this:
10
11 camille ~ # mount carter:/usr/portage /usr/portage/
12 mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified
13
14 Am I not constructing my command correctly?
15
16 I have tried mount -t nfs and it still doesn't work. I can ping carter
17 fine, and carter says nfs is running. How do I get nfs back?