From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lynx, Links, or Elinks?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 14:11:31
1 On 9 December 2011 12:44, Mariusz Ceier <mceier@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > w3m,links and elinks. w3m and links as they support displaying images
3 > under framebuffer, and elinks for it's javascript support.
4 > If you don't need these features, any text browser is good for
5 > browsing html documentation :)
6
7 Not too long ago, I was using elinks for the same reason, but found
8 that sites were complaining about the amount of js support, telling me
9 to upgrade :-(
12 Afterthought: it was actually the Oracle website where I was going to
13 get the jdk / documentation, which has gone back to being
14 fetch-restricted :-( :-( :-(