From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge xmlto > ERROR: app-text/xmlto-0.0.18 failed.
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:28:20
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > man portage is full of examples, such as:
4 >
5 > package.use
6 > Per-package USE flags. Useful for tracking local
7 > USE flags or for enabling USE flags for certain
8 > packages only. Perhaps you develop GTK and thus you
9 > want documentation for it, but you don't want docu-
10 > mentation for QT. Easy as pie my friend!
11 >
12 > Format:
13 > - comments begin with #
14 > - one DEPEND atom per line with space-delimited USE flags
15 >
16 > Example:
17 > # turn on docs for GTK 2.x
18 > =x11-libs/gtk+-2* doc
19 > # disable mysql support for QT
20 > x11-libs/qt -mysql
24 Is man:emerge in Konqueror the same as man emerge in a command line? I
25 usually do my man pages in Konqueror is why I ask. I assume they are
26 the same. I didn't see a lot of examples like they gave in that man
27 page. Maybe I'm getting blind. o_o I know my eyes take me a while
28 when I first get out of bed.
29
30 When I read the man in Konqueror, this was the only mention of package.use:
31
32 >USE variables may be specified on the command line to override those specified in the default locations, letting you avoid using some dependencies you may not want to have. USE flags specified on the command line are NOT remembered. For example, USE="-X -gnome" emerge mc will emerge mc with those USE settings. If you want those USE settings to be more permanent, you can put them in /etc/portage/package.use instead.
33 >
34 I found that with the ctrl + f find thingy. It was the only one. Am I
35 out of date maybe or should I use the Konsole man pages?
36
37 I like the sig. Top posting got me in a mess when I first came here
38 though. Some don't like rebels I guess. ;)
39
40 Dale
43 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list