From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: I want to play movies without hangs
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 15:07:23
1 Am Montag, 7. Mai 2012, 16:56:43 schrieb walt:
2 > On 05/07/2012 04:13 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > And vanilla-sources just work. Stable. Even with suspend to ram and ati
4 > > drivers.
5 >
6 > That confuses me. Are you saying the gentoo-sources don't 'just work'?
7
8 I don't know, haven't used gentoo sources in ages. I don't need fb
9 beautification, zcache, alps or livecd goodies. I like to be as close to
10 upstream as possible, so bug reports are taken seriously.
11
12 vanilla-sources work reliably with that annoying io-stuff. But no matter which
13 kernel I tried, ck, zen, gentoo, love etc pp that annoying io-stuff was always
14 there.. so no reason at all to use a patched up kernel.
18 #163933