From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install issue
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:23:26
1 On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM, James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have had that particular problem if I mounted /dev before extracting the
4 > stage3 tarball. Just follow those instructions and you sill be fine.
5 >
6 > James Wall
7 >
8 I tried doing the steps that I found in my google search as previously
9 posted. It somewhat resolved the problem, but I still got error messages.
10 Since I was tired at this point, I gave up.
11
12 This morning, I tried what was suggested and used an earlier stage 3 tarball
13 (Apr. 24th, I believe it was). This solved the problem and I was able to
14 boot. Must have been an issue with the stage 3 tarball I had previously
15 tried.
16
17 Thanks for the help and comments, everyone!
18
19 Regards,
20
21 Colleen