From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ppp-gentoo woes cont'd
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:50:32
2 > yoyo
3
4 Thanks for your response. I did some research(ppp documentation is
5 OLD!) and saved a bunch of likely files across the partition from
6 ubuntu, and rebooted into gentoo.
7
8 Just for the heck of it I made myself root right from the boot console
9 and ran pon <isp> without touching anything else, and boom! I was
10 connected. The only difference from last time was that I ran pon right
11 from the boot console instead of what I usually do, namely running
12 startx, opening a terminal making myself root etc. I cannot fathom how
13 that would make a difference. Can anybody out there in gentoo-world?
14 Didn't even have to rmmod the wifi and ethx drivers.
15
16 MW