From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird Message Filter Script
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 04:52:12
1 On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Is there a way to execute a script after a message filter moves an email to
3 > a folder? Right now, when I have the message select, I have to
4 > View->Message Source and then save it in another directory. Then my program
5 > strips off the email header and parses the xml.
6 >
7 > What I want to do is automatically parse the emails/xml as they come in
8 > after the message filer moves the email.
9
10 I think you'd need to write an extension using JavaScript and the
11 Thunderbird extension API. Unfortunately I have no experience in
12 either, so I can't help you with any specifics.
13
14 https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Building_a_Thunderbird_extension