From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel hangs after detecting the hard disk
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:56:58
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:07:38 +0200
4 Iván Pérez Domínguez <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I'm having another problem, this time it's a kernel related problem.
7 > I'm currently using kernel 2.6.13, and most things work fine. However,
8 > when I try to update to a newer kernel (say 2.6.17 or 2.6.20), my laptop
9 > hangs after detecting the hard disk. If I don't use initrd, it stops
10 > when udev is loaded.
11
12 What's the last (few lines of) message on screen?
13
14 Did you configure your kernel to use the new libata stuff instead of
15 traditional IDE drivers?
16
17 -hwh
18 --