From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Guidance on encrypting my /home
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 00:41:28
1 John J. Foster wrote:
2 > Do you encrypt your home directory?
3 >
4 Not on my desktop. On my laptop, however, everything except /boot is
5 encrypted (/, /home, swap).
6
7 > What apps and/or combination of apps do you use, and why?
8 >
9 sys-apps/util-linux with USE=crypt, and app-crypt/loop-aes.
10
11 > Which ciphers do you prefer? Why?
12 >
13 AES256, because that's what the HOWTO used. :P
14
15 > Is it well supported?
16 >
17 It has a README... :P
18
19 Actually, I've never had a problem with it. :) It's ~arch only, though,
20 and it's been that way for as long as I've used it.
21
22 > What apps and/or files don't play well with encrytion?
23
24 None that I've found.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list