From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] samba mount on fstab
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:33:23
1 nice, the bar thing solved the problem with samba, I had never used
2 cifs, is it better ? in what things it is better then smbfs ?
3
4 thanks all for the atention, Allan
5
6 On 5/23/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
7 > On 5/23/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > > //csdc/EngSoftware /mnt/engsoft smbfs
9 > > username=commodity\\allan,noauto 0 0
10 >
11 > I do not think you need \\ here. You only need this when running on
12 > the command line since bash interprets '\' as an escape character, so
13 > you need '\\' to get a single '\;. In fstab, try commodity\allan
14 >
15 > Remember:
16 >
17 > # echo \\
18 > \
19 >
20 > Also, cifs is better to use unless you are trying to mount something from Win95.
21 >
22 > -Richard
23 >
24 > --
25 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 An application asked:
32 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
33 so I´ve installed Linux
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list